Thursday, December 15, 2011
The last of Fun Home
First off, i just want to say i cant believe we have come to the final book and its ending! Overall, i liked Fun Home more than i thought i would. While reading Fun Home, i didnt really see the ending coming the way that it did in class yesterday. "But in the tricky reverse narration that impels our entwined stories, he was there to catch me when I leapt." As far as this quote goes, if i were to interpret it before reading the story, i wouldnt truly understand the message that Allison was trying to tell us in the end. I thought the ending was inspiring in many ways because there are many families and people in situations like this that are trapped and cant seem to let go and live to be who they really are. I feel that the ending to this story can impact many peoples lives that many be going through the same situation. Allison was able to tell us that in the end, it was a safe leap for here and she was able to save herself, unlike her dad. The story was quite different from the others we had read but i enjoyed it alot. I have a bunch of ideas in mind to write the paper and finalize my last thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that this statement of yours, "Allison was able to tell us that in the end, it was a safe leap for her and she was able to save herself, unlike her dad," sums up the ending of the book quite well.
ReplyDeleteI'm really looking forward to reading this final papers!