Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Final Chapter of Fun Home

First off, I thought you knew who I was all this time Prof. Esteves!!!. It's JULES!. I thought the alias Mr. Jewelz was similar enough to my name.

But in regards to the final chapter, I noticed how it puts the whole book together. Think about Fun Home missing that last chapter, and the book is incomplete. The short-lived conversation Alison had with Bruce concerning the book he gave her to read and their similarity in having relations with the same sex was an important event that had to take place in order for Alison to be fully confident in who she is. She now didn't have to wonder and second guess if it was something she really wanted people to know. In my opinion, if she'd never known for sure about her father's sexual orientation, I don't she would have been able to succeed in being the Alison she is today.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that too, but then there were posts by a "jule" and I got mixed up. Duh! Now I see my mistake!

    The ending of Fun Home is very bittersweet. I'm very much looking forward to her next book on her mother.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.