Wednesday, December 21, 2011
H/Freud/class summary
This post was long overdue, (I think) anyway, H was a fantastic book that gave me insight on just how misunderstood children can really be. I was kind of upset that Ben was robbed of innocence and more or less crushed down to normal at the end of the book, but at what cost? who would he grow up to be? and how long would that last? I think its awful the way his family treated him and especially the way dyson drugged him up. I wouldnt change the ending of the novel though because it wouldnt send the same message. I think if more parents read books like H, kids would be able to grow and flourish the way they should. Anyway, Freud played a major part in the way I read this book, and im glad i learned a lot about psychoanalysis and the way the human mind works. I feel as though I cant read a book now without reading from freud first, it gives a great perspective and new way to understand and think about the characters and their situations. I really enjoyed taking this class because it really made me think and see things from a subjective point of you which is something you dont really get to take advangtage of in todays world since so many people are caught up with their own opinions that they never stop to see things from a different perspective. I look forward to reading more on freud and trying to interpret and analyze books for my self.....It would be sick for book clubs and stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.