I actually enjoyed this reading even though it was pretty wierd. I liked the set up of the story, how it started off in letters and then was later narrated. I enjoyed that you got different perspectives. You can see the way Nathienal invisions the reality of the situation as opposed to Lothaire, Clara and his mother who believe he is just making it up. It is a little fustrating you can not really tell if what's happening is real or fake and even though many of us would think it is an allusion, then I can't understand while in the narrated part of the story it still gives specific details and makes some parts seem like they are really happening, and this is from someone else's perspective who is telling the story like they were there it seems.
There was so many details and descriptions of the uncanny situations it's hard not to believe. One of my interperations of this story would be Nathianel had a bad experience as a child and it infected his mind like a disease and eventually drove him to insanity.
It is annoying though that you do not have a clear understanding of the story, but at least it allows you to explore and make a couple of inferences.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the "annoying" part is because it does get under our skin...thus an uncanny effect?
ReplyDelete