Wednesday, November 23, 2011

help with paper

Im having trouble understanding the difference bettween Disinter/est and Screen memories.Any suggestions?? Also i kinda feel that i dont have much to go on if i use Disinter/est for my paper...it leads me to talk about the questions given in the assignment...I feel like I can start on talking about the novel being a collective memory...and also making the parallel to archaelogy and the narrative as you you help us understand in the blog. but once i name a few examples of the bigger picture which is the problematicc???(right??) what happens next??? I feel like i wont go more than two pages. Then i thought maybe once i discuss certain parts of the problematic i can relate them with the Fort/Da theory...how benjamins deals with certain absenses...but i dont know..it seems a bit empty...im saying these things because??? I feel like i have no real point.Hoping you can help.....

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to touch anything you don't feel like your understand. Disinter/est is just there to see how another person used Freud's ideas on childhood development.

    I think the idea of the novel being like a "collective memory" is very good and interesting. I hope you go with that!

    What you want to focus on is what kind of reader to you have to be for this book? A different one than usual? One that is more like a psychoanalyst or detective, maybe? What was that experience like for you? What kind of things did you need to "guess" about or "reconstruct" in order to make sense of the story. If you don't necessarily accept the word of Dyson or Benjamin's mother or father, why not? Where does your "distrust" of them come from?

    Does this help a bit?

    More questions?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.