Sunday, November 27, 2011

H part 1+2+3

This book was really interesting to read. At first I thought it would be a very simple read since its made up of all letters, then I started to read. So many questions come up during reading, that I had to answer for myself soon creating an interesting job for a reader like me. I liked how each letter head gave an indication of the personality of the one who was writing the letter. For example how the camps was very kid friendly. It was interesting how the letters were divided into the the three parts. I felt the most important part was the second since you see how Benjamin interacts with Elliot. To me what stood out was how Elliot is a female, and not a male. He resonated more with a female personality more then male. The father figure gave me the creeps from the start. Jeffrey Sherman seems like such a horrible father. From always comparing Benjamin to his peers and almost belittling him could not have made for a healthy atmosphere at home. Hannah, his little sister, and Benjamin in their letters consistently mention the phrase "Don't cry over split milk" that their dad has taught them. It seems like this has a significant meaning that the reader needs to figure out. Peggy Sherman seems so overbearing and smothering almost. I feel as though Benjamin got caught up in all of his parents shortcomings. I love the job that Dr. Dysan did because he was able to handle Benjamin and withdraw him from Elliotville back into reality. Part Three was intense because no one knows the reasons why Benjamin landed in the mental hospital or when it happened. That was a frustrating aspect but as a reader made me think. I just want to give Benjamin a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.