Monday, November 7, 2011
H
I liked this book, It gave a very good example of how life can be with a child who has psychological problems. I found myself getting very attached to Benjamin, not feeling bad for him but it just seem in this book he wasn't really understood. I just think alot of his efforts were channeled inappropriately. For such an elaborate world, I mean it goes to show he has some grasp of the world that he is living in. It was also interesting to to see the interactions between him and Elliot, whatever happens to him happens to the little Elliots. I also thought that Elliott was kind of his alter ego. Elliot was him being someone different else rather than the person he is now. Kind of like we discussed in class but being his super ego. I was happy to see Benjamin get better but i think his parents needs to be a bit more involved in his treatment to understand how to relate to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of the interesting questions the novel poses and which we will talk about today in class, is how we "read" "health" and "sickness."
ReplyDeleteYes, thats so true. I definitely think that alot of illness are way to "squared in". Although i dont think I would have pointed that being one of the leading problems of this book. This class definitely as my other past english courses have forced me...to be more of an active reader. Which is a good thing but it is hard breaking old habits, especially when your not in a classroom setting.
ReplyDelete